Stelmine secures 200 km² on Courcy
Québec, December 7, 2017- Stelmine Canada (« Stelmine ») (STH-TSXV) In view of the strong interest manifested by the mining industry in developing new high-potential gold projects within highly metamorphosed terranes (ex : the La Grande and Opinaca subprovinces), Stelmine considered a priority to secure claims forming the eastern extension of the Courcy project. The Company reports the staking of 84 new designated claims, covering 43.9 km², adjacent to the eastern border of its Courcy flagship property. The Management took this decision based on the conclusive results of the exploration work carried out on the property during 2017. The Courcy property now consists of 393 claims, 100% owned by Stelmine, and totalling 200 km². The project is located in the Superior geologic Province < 110 km west of the city of Fermont on the Quebec/Labrador border.
The new eastern extension of the Courcy property englobes volcanosedimentary assemblages showing a magnetic signature similar to that of the western Soulard Formation exposing gold mineralized zones (0.3-24.8 g/t Au) rich in pyrrhotite-pyrite±chalcopyrite related to deformed, mylonitized and metamorphosed rocks to the upper amphibolite facies (Iron formations, amphibolites, quartz arenites, fuschite clasts conglomerates, ultramafic rocks).
Next year, Stelmine will extend its exploration campaign on the eastern Courcy extension. Work will include a MAG-VTEM heliborne survey, geologic mapping and rock sampling initiated from a base camp already set up on the Courcy property.
- Stelmine announces the results of its annual meeting of Shareholders and the grant of stock options
- Stelmine prepares a 3000 m Exploration Drilling Program at Courcy in the Caniapiscau Mining District.
- Caniapiscau (Kaneiapishkau) : a new gold district in Quebec developed by Stelmine
- Stelmine appoints Julie Lemieux on its Board of Directors
- Stelmine completes a strategic private placement of $600,050 with a lead order from Palisades Goldcorp Ltd.
- New on Stelmine’s Board of Directors
- Stelmine completes exploration work on its Trieste property
- Stelmine initiates a new exploration campaign on its Joubert gold property
- Stelmine to resume exploration of the Mercator gold property
- Stelmine to launch its exploration campaign