PIERRE CARRIER TO JOIN STELMINE CANADA AS DIRECTOR FOR HYDROCARBONS EXPLORATION ACTIVITIES
Montreal, Québec, June 25, 2008 – Stelmine Canada Ltd. (“Stelmine”) (TSX:STH) is proud to announce the nomination of Mr. Pierre Carrier as member of the board of directors of the company. The nomination of Mr. Carrier to the board of Stelmine is part of the new exploration strategies to diversify activities from exclusively mining to partly hydrocarbons exploration.
Mr. Carrier is presently President and CEO of Opsens Inc (TSX-OPS) a well esteemed company listed on the TSX Venture involved in reservoir optimisation and surveillance using innovative fiber optic sensing solutions for the oil and gas industry. The company market a high temperature and pressure sensor used in the Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) recovery technology in Alberta’s oil sands projects. He is also member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
Prior to his involvement in Opsens inc, Mr. Carrier served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Roctest Ltd, a company involved in the manufacture of instruments used in civil engineering projects. While with Roctest, Mr. Carrier carried out several acquisitions of businesses, including Nortech GSI inc, FISO Technologies and Kromafibre inc.
As a reminder, Stelmine Canada Ltd purchased 100% interest in a mining license covering 34,000 hectares in Gaspesia hydrocarbons area as reported by the company press release dated June 10, 2008.
The management of the company is very pleased to welcome Mr. Carrier as part of Stelmine team.
Michel Lemay (President and CEO of Stelmine Canada) reports:
“ We are convinced that Mr. Carrier wide experience and knowledge related to gas and oil producers will provide a diversified and strategic view on opportunities for the future of Stelmine.“
The company has granted to Mr. Carrier 150,000 options at the exercise price of 0.54 $ for a period of 5 years.
Stelmine Canada Ltd is a junior mining exploration company newly listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the Symbol STH with 9,210,100 shares issued.
For additional information, contact:
Mr. Michel Lemay
President and Chief Executive Officer25
- Stelmine announces the results of its annual meeting of Shareholders and the grant of stock options
- Stelmine prepares a 3000 m Exploration Drilling Program at Courcy in the Caniapiscau Mining District.
- Caniapiscau (Kaneiapishkau) : a new gold district in Quebec developed by Stelmine
- Stelmine appoints Julie Lemieux on its Board of Directors
- Stelmine completes a strategic private placement of $600,050 with a lead order from Palisades Goldcorp Ltd.
- New on Stelmine’s Board of Directors
- Stelmine completes exploration work on its Trieste property
- Stelmine initiates a new exploration campaign on its Joubert gold property
- Stelmine to resume exploration of the Mercator gold property
- Stelmine to launch its exploration campaign