Corporate Reorganization of Stelmine Canada and Nomination
MONTREAL, QUEBEC–(Marketwire – Feb. 13, 2012) – Stelmine Canada Ltd. (“Stelmine”) (TSX VENTURE:STH)is pleased to announce the conclusion of an agreement with a business group from Quebec City whereby new members will join its Board of Directors, new properties will be added to its current portfolio and a financial reorganization will be carried out.
The Company is announcing today the nomination of Mr. Claude Gauthier as a new member of its Board of Directors. Mr. Gauthier served over 40 years in the Royal Canadian Navy and graduated in Political Science from the Canadian Forces Command and Staff College in 1985.
During his career as a military officer, Mr. Gauthier served in several command positions including a destroyer, patrol vessels and as Senior Staff Officer – Operations and Training in Naval Reserve Headquarters, managing a 45-million-dollar budget.
From 2003 to 2006, Mr. Gauthier was assistant military attaché at the Canadian embassy in Paris and Lisbon. He is currently honorary Aide-de-camp to the Lieutenant Governor of Quebec and an active member of the Canadian Forces Liaison Council.
Since 1990, Mr. Gauthier has owned two Tim Hortons franchises in Alma, Quebec and was a member of the Tim Hortons Advisory Board from 1994 to 1999.
Stelmine management is proud to welcome Claude Gauthier as a member of its team and is convinced that he will play an active part in the leadership of the company.
The company announce the departure of M. Jacques Trottier Ph D from the board of directors and wants to thank him for the numerous years spent as board member, the new management team also wish him good success in his new professional challenges.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor the Regulation Services Provider (as defined in the TSX Venture Exchange policies) accepts any responsibility for the truth or accuracy of its content.
President and CEO
(514) 866-8096 (FAX)
- Stelmine announces the results of its annual meeting of Shareholders and the grant of stock options
- Stelmine prepares a 3000 m Exploration Drilling Program at Courcy in the Caniapiscau Mining District.
- Caniapiscau (Kaneiapishkau) : a new gold district in Quebec developed by Stelmine
- Stelmine appoints Julie Lemieux on its Board of Directors
- Stelmine completes a strategic private placement of $600,050 with a lead order from Palisades Goldcorp Ltd.
- New on Stelmine’s Board of Directors
- Stelmine completes exploration work on its Trieste property
- Stelmine initiates a new exploration campaign on its Joubert gold property
- Stelmine to resume exploration of the Mercator gold property
- Stelmine to launch its exploration campaign